Friday, February 12, 2016

Week 6

A "Red Beard"... one of many old men with long red beards which frequent the markets...


Week Ending Feb 12, 2016
Well there went another week. I arrived back from two nights in Dubai on Saturday and enjoyed a good week of work.  I'm challenged as I attempt to unite a team of South Africans, Philippinos, Pakistanis, East Indians, Finns and Arabs as we regroup on plant safety and try to align our teams to one corporate strategy.  I've been named as the man to pull it all together...
I've booked my next 30 day visa renewal in Qatar March 3 - 5 which will be a welcome change, though I wonder if it will be much different than gold plated Dubai.  I will drive to Abha just north of here and fly direct so that should be interesting.

Tapping the furnace - Pig Iron
 

This is a beach on the Red Sea Coast that I have frequented several times.  Like most of this area, it is littered with garage.  Abandoned boats wash up all the time and goodness knows what else.



Local Seafood at the supermarket



I do my own cooking... this was this week's beef stew..

Pancakes for breakfast


Omelette a la Kevin



Camels grazing on my way to work...

Our "Best Red Sea Beach.... less garbage, more sand...
Its a shallow beach and I can walk out 500 feet just to get the water chest high... There are sharks out in the deep but so far no fins or theme songs from Jaws have played while I swim...
My local supermarket...

My local fruit and veggy market




I'm growing a beard so I can fit in with my Arabian counterparts... :)