Tuesday, September 25, 2012



Tuesday September 25, 2012

We are drinking beer at noon on Tuesday
In a bar that faces a giant car wash
The good people of the world are washing their cars
On their lunch break, hosing and scrubbing
As best they can in skirts in suits
They drive their shiny Dodges and Buicks
Back to the phone company, the record store too
Well, they're nothing like Billy and me, cause
All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one...


Sheryl Crow and Billy might be drinking beer at noon on a Tuesday but I'm walking around the south side of a town with dirt streets somewhere south of the equator.  I headed out this morning, through some of the poorest parts of town until I couldn't go any further.


Long legged chickens with small breasts down here...

Many flocks of these "Black Billed Parrots" are in the trees around here...




Chicken Delivery!
I came from Canada with three maple leaf baseballs to give away to kids.  Today I gave my last one to some kids in a school yard.





Typical house construction...

My exotic treat of the day - frozen acai berries picked locally!

Todays lunch at a local restaurant... (Coke not included!)

All I wanna do is have some fun
I got a feeling I'm not the only one..


2:30 update:  So much for the fun!  My pass for the plant just came through!  I was headed out to go buy a bicycle but the forces that be intervened and I am now putting my work clothes on.  Off to work I go!